Occupying a stunning location in South Devon, Carswell Holiday cottages are perfect for family getaways with children of all ages. Families can enjoy amazing days out nearby, exploring the surrounding coast and countryside or visiting nearby attractions and places of interest. After a long day out, they can then relax in a home away from home which has all the creature comforts they require.
Here’s are just a few of the things families can enjoy while staying in our unique holiday cottages:
- A secure private garden at each cottage with plenty of space to play
- Digital television with Freeview
- Books, toys and games to suit all ages
- WiFi access
- A range of baby equipment to ease your packing, e.g. stairgates, travel cots, highchairs, toys & books.
- A soft double sided bed guard (called Dream Tubes) for young children, if required. This provides a soft and safe environment for them to snuggle up in for a good night’s sleep.
Our holiday cottages are located on a working organic farm in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with farm animals often grazing in the surrounding fields to the delight of our younger guests. While we can’t offer hands on experience on the farm, below are a few activities things that families can do nearby:
- Visit our milking parlour to watch the cows being milked (contact Jo to arrange a visit)
- Enjoy the wonderful wildflower meadow that separates The Lodge and Shepherd’s Cottage, a lovely space for children and adults alike
- Spend a few hours in the adjoining play area, complete with fruit trees, a hazel copse, a living willow sculpture, grassy area, Alice The Tractor and lots of hand crafted wooden toys and logs to play on
- Explore the stunning coastline which is only a few minutes away – build sandcastles on nearby beaches, explore secluded coves, and go rock pooling
- Have an adventure on nearby Dartmoor
- Hire bikes or travel further afield on steam trains and ferry boats
- Visit one of the many tourist attractions or picturesque towns
View a full list of things to do here.
If you are looking for a family holiday but unsure of which accommodation option would be best suited to your party, contact Jo to discuss your options.